I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the absolutely fabulous and Texas-obsessed Tay from Touch of Tay.If you haven’t gone to her blog, yet, you need to right now. She’s got food and DIY up the you-know-where and I promise you will be feeling like you can totally be a crafting queen once you read her posts! (I also apologize for getting to this late!)
Also, while completing this one, I was nominated by Mony at Style Peaks. I’m just completing one, but wanted to thank both of these beautiful ladies!
I’m going to answer the same questions that Tay answered herself and also add eleven interesting facts about myself. Apparently there are some different rules with this award, but I just followed what Tay did because… you know… peer pressure. 😉
At the end, I will nominate five new bloggers that deserve recognition for their amazing skills and ask them to follow suit (peer pressure, ya know).
1. I am married. Yeah, a lot of people claim this is surprising. We have been married for almost three years. 🙂
2. I’m in my mid-20’s and am working on my BA.
3. I’ve decided that if I’m reincarnated I want to be a blue whale. They are awesome. They just chill in the ocean while eating tiny krill and nothing messes with them. It just sounds so relaxing swimming around everywhere.
4. I have an obsessive personality so I’ll become hooked on one particular product, or a food, or even a show.
5. I cracked my right eyeball the day before third grade started (no, I’m not kidding). I was playing with a giant rubber band and it snapped back and hit me square in the eye. I could’ve potentially lost my sight, but (fortunately) I made a full recovery and only have mildly worse vision in that eye.
6. I’m a perfectionist. I’m constantly going over things so that I can make them the best they can be.
7. I have one cat (that is half feral) and one dog (that is a mix of boxer, hound, and maybe more). I love them like children.
8. I’m a nerdy kid at heart. In my college, I’m in the Honors Program and in Phi Theta Kappa (which is the International Honor Society for two-year colleges).
9. I grew up as a military brat so my family moved all over the US. We even lived in Cuba for awhile, but I don’t remember because I was a baby. 😦
10. My ultimate university goal (besides graduating, of course) is to be accepted into the study abroad program so that I can study in Japan.
11. I want to do this because I will be minoring in Japanese language. 😉
1. If you could wake up tomorrow with the education, skills, and certifications necessary to perform any job, what would you choose for your new career and why?
I would want to be a PR rep for a well-known Asian beauty company. I mean: top dog. Actually, that’s what I’m going to school for so we shall see.
2. What is your favorite thing to blog about and why?
Of course I love writing reviews of my favorite Asian beauty products! It’s such a fascinating world and I feel like everyone in the world should know about it! I love being able to show people new products and ideas from such a different part of the world.
3. What do you do to recharge and get back into the blogging frame of mind?
So far I haven’t had any issues with writing for The Pretty Pomegranate. I’ve just loved diving right in and have planned a lot of great ideas for the near future! To kind of refresh, though, I’ll do a night time relaxing routine. Maybe a sheet mask, do my nails, try a new essence or serum. It’s always relaxing and destressing, plus I get to try some more new stuff!
4. What is one thing in your life that you’ve gotten to experience that you wish everyone else could experience as well?
I recently gave a presentation for one of the Regional Honors Conference in my area. It was terrifying, I had computer malfunctions, and I thought I was going to be sick. But I absolutely loved it. I loved standing in front of people and informing them of something I had worked my butt off to research and learn about. Afterwards, I had random strangers come up to me and tell me how great I was. One person even told me that it was the best presentation he had seen at the entire (four day) conference. This made me feel amazing and really boosted my confidence levels. Now, I know most people hate public speaking, so I’m not talking about this specifically, but I sincerely hope that everyone has the opportunity to feel unbelievably confident about their passions. To strive to be good at what you love is great, but to receive recognition for it… there’s just no words. 🙂
5. Who is inspiring you at the moment and why?
Emma Watson. I know, she’s mentioned a lot, but she’s just so amazing. She’s young, beautiful, successful, and is taking a stand for the things that matter to her. On top of all that, she graduated from a prestigious university all while making awesome films. I mean, can she get any more inspiring?!
6. What is the best meal you’ve ever eaten?
I’m pretty sure the first time I ever had Korean food. It was divine. I eat it pretty frequently now so I think I’m used to it and I was famished the first day I ever had it so that may contribute to my memories of it, buuuut…. Korean food is still the bomb. Try some. Now.
7. Describe your perfect day.
I would visit an onsen in Tokyo, Japan and then jet over to Seoul, South Korea to shop at all the amazing stores. I mean, really, just plop me down in one of those countries and I’m happy.
8. What is one modern convenience that you could really not live without?
Air conditioning. Sweet baby Jesus. One mild day without a/c and I’m a sweaty, oily, whiny mess.
9. What is one thing that people would be surprised to learn about you?
I’ve been to all of the US states except Hawaii and the New England states. My family and I took a long summer trip in an RV when I was a kid.
10. If a movie were made about your life, who would be best cast to play you?
I had to ask the hubby for opinions because I’ve never really thought about this. At first he said Zooey Deschanel. Then he said Emma Stone because she is pretty cool, but most of the time she’s a big goofy dork. He said that I’ll be pretty cool and then trip over myself. Touche, good sir. He’s so right.
11. Who should read your blog and why?
Gals, guys, makeup lovers, beauty lovers, Asia lovers, people who like Korean beauty, people who think they may like Korean beauty, people who don’t know what Korean beauty is, people who like new things, people who like to chat, people who like to be awesome. I mean… everyone! 😉
I nominate (and apologize if you have done one before or don’t like doing these things!):
Anna Gray because she makes me so jealous of her amazing fashion sense!
Trends and Traits because she’s got beauty, lifestyle, and travel… anything you need!
The Rose Beauty Files because she’s got some of the most beautiful makeup and skincare tips out there!
Luciele Anne XO because she has great style and I love watching her videos!
Ravishing Roses because we share similar makeup styles and both love tea!
That’s all , folks! I hope you enjoyed reading all about me (again) and I promise that we will be getting back to products starting on the next post. You should be pumped because I’ve been shopping! 😉